Thursday, January 24, 2008

Third stage: another International 110


3. Another International 110. I bought a second 110 owned by George Hackett a racing hot shot in the club. I did not pass the chance of getting his perennially winning boat since he was about to go back to the States. Thus for a certain period of time I had two 110's and clubmembers wonder who was this newbie who had two racing yachts, dinghies actually. George named his 110 Indecision but I changed it to Sigwada, the origin of my favorite nom de guerre up to now.
Sigwada is our term for squall or sudden storm and sounds very aggressive yet smooth. I first encountered the word used by the boatboys in the club. It was on Sigwada I enjoyed the best sailing the best racing the best cruising I ever experienced. More details I will write about later. Eventually I sold the boat to a rich young Chinese lad who used the boat to impress a girl he was courting. They did not sail much, either he got the girl or was jilted shortly.

No comments: